<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, June 07, 2007' 6/07/2007 10:36:00 PM


Dearest blog, apologies for the lack of updates!


Holiday has so far been equivalent to normal school days, without assembly. Life is still a seven-seven around the clock.

The first week of holidays was rather unproductive despite the extra lessons in school. Tutorials and lectures were just too long and dreadening for people like me. After sometime, my brain just stopped absorbing anymore information.

Essence of GP:

The TPJC menifestasi wasn't what i had expected. The place seriously felt like Geylang Bazaar during the fasting month. You get what i mean right? The number of malays who were there made the atmosphere rather awkward. I mean, obviously that was expected since it was a MALAY production at TPJC. But the audience present for the show was quite barbaric. Not that i dislike being around my own people. I love the Malay culture but if the spirit of 'gotong royong' (which i LOVE) means screaming and laughing at certain parts of the play which were not suppose to be funny, and making a hell lot of noises as if to show off that part of being a malay means being rowdy, then i think something is wrong somewhere.

Already there's the stereotype that the Malay society in Singapore is constantly burdened with social problems and is rapidly losing its cultural and moral values, its only right that we try to gain others' respect by behaving and acting our age, with maturity. I may not be a good example myself but if you were there, i think you'd get a better picture of what i'm trying to say.

(in attempt to practice for GP, but in vain)

Apart from that, the performance was ok i guess. The dikir barat was good.


Recent:

I've been painting murals for the past 4 days at the kindergarten nearby SRJC as part of my CCA activity. I thank God I'm in the Publicising and Administration commitee. We get to do fun stuff. Lol. Thanks to people like Galvin, Samuel, Nariah and gang, and the rest of the PAC members, the whole of this week has been memorable and fun albeit tiring. I never knew that painting murals can get so tedious and mundane.

Just recently, while painting the murals, i realised how 'ulu' or 'kuno' or backdated or old the place around my school is. I mean, being there all day long from 7.30am to 6.30pm for 4 days straight, as corny as this may sound, i really felt like i had timetravelled back to the 60's. Whatmore with the number of aged people there, the music they blast off at the old school shops, the types of clothes that they have on, the kids around there and some other stuff. Very weird but interesting. Like their still stuck in the past. Oh well, tomorrow will be the last day for final touch-ups and clean-ups! =D

Next two weeks will be spent in school again, studying/mugging for the mid years right after the june holidays. Oh man, life is so packed. I can hardly find the time to hang out or watch the shows i've been yearning to watch ie; Heroes and Prison Break. Boo.

Till next time, chao!










Twenty

47365

.........