<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, May 18, 2009' 5/18/2009 10:27:00 PM


Ain's Birthday was on Friday 15th May 2009, and so one of us bffens has turned a year older, 19! What an age to celebrate, so not here not there, not a girl, not yet a woman...HAHAH! Okay enough enough.
Went to Simpang Bedok to makan-makan and Ain's tiara apparently caught some attention there, enough to cause an old indian waiter to start flirting! HAHAH. I was hoping to get some free food out of it, but that obviously didn't happen. Lol. Convoy-ed to changi ferry terminal afterwards to let our food digest a little before the cutting cake ceremony (chey, ala wedding lah right) later on over there. Found like a rather large patch of blood stain at one of the shelters, leading us to the immediate assumption that someone must've died/been murdered there. Like that wasn't enough evidence, one of them found an IC of a chinese lady, around the same area as well, totally freaking the girls out. BUT, then again, many people fish there so the case could have been as simple as a lady who went fishing dropped her IC there while gutting out her freshly caught fishes. Yawn. I prefer to believe the less boring story.



my very hearty, & tasty set of fish n chips !


amigos






=} substituting the french horn lol


(noor holding the IC, in hopes that the spirit of the lady would appear in the picture)


---

Managed to catch Angels & Demons with =} on Saturday, at the new filmgarde theatre at Illuma, Bugis. Filmgarde sounds so avant-garde. But the tickets cost us only $9.50 each, which means that they're cheaper than Cathay's or GV's. THE SHOW IS ULTRA NONSENSE. Far too draggy, the scenes were predictable, and I managed to guess the twist at the end. WHAT A DULL SHOW. In comparison to a movie of almost the same genre like National Treasure or something, I can safely say that National Treasure is a million X infinity times, plus one(as Aidil would put it), better than Angels & Demons. If I had watched it at home on the TV, I would have slept halfway through the show. Sheesh. What a waste of time. Rushed to Chijmes after that to watch the ManU vs Arsenal match. Though not a fan of soccer, could tell it was an 'all defense' game on ManU's part. They won the game so yeah yeah, hurray for the ManU fans.. No, I'm not about to start talking soccer here or become a sudden fan just because I watch them sometimes.

---

Went to Ikea on Sunday with my family to finally settle on my long awaited wardrobe issue.

I'M GOING TO HAVE MY VERY OWN WALK-IN WARDROBE!!!!




not.
I wish.
Hehe, but I AM going to have a proper wardrobe =D WITH DOORS! Like finally. Am I wardrobe deprived or what?! Before you start assuming anything, the whole curtain-drawn built-in wardrobe thing, was my sister's brilliant(not at all) idea. She must have been feeling Ang-Moh-ish on the day she decided to do that because where we live, in bloody humid, sunny and DUSTY(keyword) Singapore, dust settles very very willingly on improperly covered items. Our apparels, placed in grill-like drawers bought from Ikea and hung on clothes rail bought from Ikea as well, with a white curtain drawn, acting as wardrobe doors to cover the entire section of the wall that has been turned onto a wardrobe, was her ingenious idea. But over the years, the apparels which have not been worn for long have collected enough dust to feed an entire nation of dustmites, and the rust arrising from parts of the metal grill-like drawers have stained some of my old clothes. Thank God they're the old ones that I don't intend to wear, ever. So now that my sister is out of the country, possibly never coming back unless to settle migration issues, I have the right to change the look of the room and fix a proper wardrobe in it =D. The Ikea trip yesterday(on Sunday) was a fruitful one indeed. I've done my research well, and so the total cost of my Ala-Carte, DIY wardrobe and drawers, inclusive of delivery and fixing, was way cheaper than having bought an entire set of wadrobe and drawers already prepared by Ikea, like $300 cheaper. Am I thrifty or what? They're coming tomorrow!! HEHE. How exciting! But the clean-up's going to be such a chore. God knows what else I might have to throw out of the room!

---
Work today was such an A&D, a BORE.
I don't know how some of the full-timers there can survive doing it for a living, seriously. I guess it's true what people say, they'd choose school over work, anytime. For now I agree. Hopefully my career, if I do have one in the future, insya'allah, would be one that I really love and look forward to for the rest of my life. Oh well.










Twenty

47365

.........