<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, August 09, 2009' 8/09/2009 12:37:00 AM

G.I Joe was pretty lame. The plot was amusing though I don't think they intended for it to be so. It started off okay but became quite draggy towards the end. And I swear they chose the wrong actors to play the role of the villains.

I thought the Japanese villain who seemed rather Chinese and Singaporean looking (I can't even recall his name) was confusing 'cos I initially couldn't make out if he was suppose to be of Japanese or Chinese origins from the way he acted and the fighting skills he had. Quite an unnecessary character in the show but I think they had him in for the sake of spicing up the movie with some Asian martial arts twist on top of the new-age military defense techniques and equipment. They should've gotten the Chinese blonde villain from Rush Hour to play that role I think. Would have played it better. I still don't understand why they had to have him constantly in white as well, in stark contrast to Snake Eyes who was constantly in black despite Snake Eyes being the good guy. Lol.

The English-speaking (he only existed in the show for some scenes where there were flashbacks playing, and the setting was supposedly a 20 years ago event that happened in old Japan so I just feel it's hilarious how the possibly 70 years old temple monk felt it was only respectful for them to converse with the English orphan in his native language instead of Japanese. Lol. And if I remember correctly, the movie didn't tell of where the boy originated from or how he ended up in Japan as an orphan) old buddhist/Japanese monk should have been given more clever dialogues instead of mere deep stares to at least justify why he chose Snake Eyes (if I recall correctly, that's the nickname of the English orphan who grew up to be one of the Joes) over Storm Shadow (the confusing Japanese villain, I googled his nickname). I mean, if he were to exist in the show as the dominant cause for the rivalry between the two, at least do the character some justice since he's that important. And the Doctor/Rex who was the ultimate villain, was super comical. It was as if his script and direction for acting were meant for an animated cartoon show instead. Like the whole "muahaha" kind of feel. Lol again.

I think the show was too draggy and quite overdone. It wasn't succint enough, the way the hero/heroes saved the day. But the special effects were awesome nonetheless. Random point to note, I'm now an Eng Wah member! CHEY. Macam big deal gitu. But can claim free popcorn okay!

My sister will be heading to Italy at the end of this year (wtf, she gets to visit Rome before it goes underwater, the mecca for all things Art, and the Italiano boys omg). Honestly I don't know how she does it, but I respect & salute her for still staying strong there in London despite having it rough. I just had a heart-to-heart talk with her yesterday on MSN and boy is she out of touch with us family in Singapore. While my brain tells me to pursue Art, she on the other hand, shares the same sentiments as my heart, asking me to pursue music instead. But what are the odds of me making it in that industry judging by the huge talent pool that exists out there?

-Life can be exciting if you make it to be so. Just don't sell out to comfort. In life there are no odds. If you want something, you just got to work, and then plan, and then work, and everything will fall into place.

I'll see how sis.



ps; <3, ily.

[Sitting by the Suntec City Fountain of Wealth, if that's what it's called]
me: "you youtube mama do cover, go youtube, got something to show you hehe!"
<3 the Pitbull raggaeton boy types out on my laptop with that ever so 'ape siak tu...' look.

MAMADOU cover.

LOL which tempurong have you been living under!
No it's not French.










Twenty

47365

.........