<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, December 26, 2009' 12/26/2009 02:54:00 AM

Hong Kong and China.
I am so going back there one day with my other family ie friends. (Once I earn enough to backpack there that is. Cash is unfortunately on a low right now)
Despite the Honky's hostility and China's arse-grabbing pickpockets (no it wasn't me who got touched), I look forward to revisiting more areas of China in time to come. Maybe Macau next?





The awesome view from our (me and Humairah) room.






View from Victoria Peak.


















The train (very much like Singapore's MRT) in HK.













I'm thankful for having parents who are able to provide me with such opportunities.
Grateful that in the short span of 19 years of my life, I've been able to travel and see various parts of the world, all at the expense of their sheer hardwork and desire to provide me with luxuries they didn't get to enjoy at 19.
I am so overwhelmed with material wants right now, that it's taking a toll on my state of contentment. I've forgotten what truly makes me happy. Yes, I love shopping sprees that renew the stock in my rather stagnant wardrobe with new clothes, new shoes and new everything.
But no, what truly makes me happy is not that shopping spree on new outfits which would turn old in time to come, neither is it a 5 star spa indulgence in Bali (although I wouldn't mind such pampering), nor a top notch fine dining reservation at a highly rated restaurant in France (which I don't quite fancy),
what truly makes me happy, is to feel the wind in my hair, and marvel at the sight of nature at its best. And for that, I think cycling by the beach would suffice.
Why the need for so many new outfits anyway?
They're just going to turn old next season.
I'd rather save up enough to revisit NZ, or head elsewhere with fantastic scenery to gaze upon.

I believe strongly that money can buy you happiness and health. That's why people work towards earning more of it.
But I've never supported people boasting inherited wealth, especially those in hopes of inducing envy in people, although some may do so with the simple intention of expressing their joy over their fortune. You don't earn the right to boast about it unless you've earned it yourself.

And I look up to my sister, for having such courage to venture out in hopes of providing my parents with that wealth one day instead of the other way round. I don't know if I'll ever be on par with her.

I so badly want to visit her in London. So so badly. Suddenly I miss having someone I could debate with at home. No I don't debate with my Mom. It's just pointless. I miss having a design junkie in my room who enjoys the outdoors as much as I do.

ps; I like the old simple me.










Twenty

47365

.........