<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, December 10, 2009' 12/10/2009 01:56:00 AM

I love this, this feeling of contentment.

I feel so satisfied now that I've accomplished one of the items on my to-do list in life ie; to overcome stage fright and perform in front of a big crowd. Tonight I did something I could only imagine doing back then, before I got the moral boost from lovely people I know of.

It was surreal, nerve wrecking, heart stopping, and yet exhilarating, all at once. It may be trivial to some who've already been there, and done that. But as an amateur, it really was a moment that nobody can take away from me. A memory that I suspect will linger for very long. To be there, singing for a crowd. It beats the nerves of doing the audition for Siti's composition. Cos this time round, they (the people that I'm most comfortable with) weren't there, and the judges, were my other circle of friends and the crowd which comprised of the birthday boy's family members, relatives, and friends. Somehow, when you have people you know as your judges, it feels more pressurizing to not be such a disappointment, as oppose to performing for a handful of strangers. Performing for someone else's audtion is just as stressful though ok. And stepping out of my comfort zone tonight by performing with someone I've never actually sessioned with, was all the more exciting.

It was inpromptu and raw. The guitar wasn't right, the vocals was a mess. BUT, I don't really care. The most important thing is the fact that I managed to overcome whatever fear I had of crowds (yes I have this thing called inferiority complex, albeit self-diagnosed) and just go ahead with it!

Siti couldn't be my guitarist for the night. The show must go on, as demanded by the birthday boy.

And so I gave a shot at two songs, one requested, and another as a wild attempt for the hell of it.
This, is the wild one. Lol. Totally murdered the song, but I'm still loving it ;}



Was an awesome birthday party in a park =)
Piet Mondrian cake, was definitely a first! Love love love it.










Twenty

47365

.........