<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, December 13, 2009' 12/13/2009 04:56:00 AM

With many regrets burdening the mind.
Things happen for various reasons. I wonder what fate has in store for me.

If we're supposed to believe in fate, then what's the point of making choices.
We make decisions based on logical thinking and knowledge of cause and effect.
If we believe in fate, then life is no longer about making choices, but rather, the act of taking chances, since fate determines the outcome, some of which may not be as expected.

We try, and we fail.
We try again, and then we succeed.
Isn't that success derived from the very fact that we made a choice for a second attempt, having learnt from mistakes made in the first one?
Or is it fated that we succeed in that second attempt, hence making it an act of taking a gamble? We could have failed the second attempt, but we remained optimistic and still tried nonetheless.
So our trial and error journey in life is all about learning to distinguish right from wrong so that we know what to choose. So at which point does fate come into play again? I thought the next few attempts are always made based on our ability to judge for ourselves the paths that we should take.

I reckon, fate only applies to all first attempts in life.
The rest of our failures, don't point your finger at God. We only have ourselves to blame.
We take a chance, and then we make decisions.

This feeling of regret, worsens with the fact that I'm fully aware of there being no reason as to why things did happen. Contrary to what I used to believe, fate had no role in it, and I only have myself to blame.










Twenty

47365

.........