<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, March 14, 2010' 3/14/2010 08:36:00 PM

I was browsing through the ntu website yesterday to check on our final assignments, and oh to my very great God, my jaw just dropped having read through all of them.
It's time to get busy, or busier than usual that is.

I've been observing people and their behaviors lately. It's nice to head out alone once in a while to do some people-watch and actually take notice of people around me, people in the train, people at Mcds, people I know, people I don't. Time flies. People change. I change, hopefully for the better. I just don't get people sometimes.

I've heard some things lately. Things that are ugly and unexpected, things that are incomprehensible. I don't understand people and their intentions, really. I've been questioning myself alot lately as well. I don't get why people are always thinking the worst of others. Why people have to go to the extend of putting words into peoples mouths to achieve their goals. How twisted some can be. Why the world is so ruthless.

I wonder sometimes if genuine happiness can be derived from seeing others happy. Or if the smiles that people wear on their faces are merely superficial, a necessary art they've mastered in the bid to expand their social circles.
And then there are those individuals who seek nothing more than comfort in people they know they can trust, instead of forging a million relations with acquaintances who in the end, will think twice about lending a hand in times of trouble.

Sadly enough, in the midst of dunking my fries into my curry sauce while chewing on my McChicken and having all these questions running through my mind, I realized that the world revolves around it, this superficial ass-kissing, boot-licking art of socializing. So I thought to myself, you might as well embrace it. No, not the art or sucking up of course, but rather the increased tolerance towards people and the facades they put on. Ultimately, it's important to know people who know the right people if one wishes to succeed. As long as I don't lose myself and my moral beliefs, it's all good. All I need to know is that I have people in my life who will always be there for me, no matter what.

Yes, the hypocrisy is kind of ticking me off, but it's the way the world works. To a certain extent, it is after all, what's necessary to keep things at peace. Tolerance itself hints some form of hypocrisy.

I think, I think too much at times. But I can't help it most of the time. My mind doesn't want to stop thinking. Its quite draining having my mind battle to focus on thinking of things more relevant to my academics. But then again, I could use all these thought processes in my future artworks.

On a more random note, Mississippi Burning is a must watch.
Alice in Wonderland..hmmm, ok lah.










Twenty

47365

.........