<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, May 23, 2010' 5/23/2010 04:56:00 AM

So on Thursday I accompanied <3 to the dentist, all geared up with my camera to record the last moments of his braces days. Of course that didn't happen. Apparently it's not perfect just yet. But oh well, a few more weeks.
Went to meet up with the long time no see babes after that and oh my, I seriously miss hanging out with them pretty girls. Had such a great time finally meeting up, to eat drink and be merry, like the tau huay breaks we had during jc days.  Had my weekly dose of strawberry fields on waffles :D and shoved 10 sticks of satay down my throat at Lau Pasat, after which I felt more piggish than ever. Tina the talking tummy, is beginning to show. Shit.

Had a performance at home team for a Boys Home mothers' day dinner on Friday, yesterday. Omg, I can't express how grateful I am for that performance. No doubt it was a simple set of merely 3 songs, but having been on stage for various performances be in school or public spaces, the group of audience for yesterday was surprisingly, I think, the worst and the best I've ever had for a performace, be it for malay dance, mascot competition, public speaking campaign, deklamasi sajak, drama, or freaking Chinese opera. The boys were exceptionally difficult to please. Aside from the shock and the slight anger we felt (what a bad start to a performance) from being caught off guard, hearing our names called from the performance space while we were still rehearsing outside because no one told us it was our turn, the rowdiness of the target audience was just crazy. Their family members nonetheless were very assuring and supportive, thank God. But, there was a particular boy, I'm guessing about the age of 12-15, that really made the night more memorable than anything else.
I was attempting to introduce ourselves to the audience while siti and dilly were tuning their guitars, and the boy went "tak tanye pon!"
I didnt know WHAT to feel. On one hand I was utterly displeased, but on the other hand, it was kind of amusing, in an immature way.
While still in disbelief of such a remark coming from a member of the AUDIENCE mind you, I decided to keep smiling and respond to the boy with a simple "well it's just for your info".
Despite the rowdiness(of course it was expected, but a tad overwhelming), they were actually engrossed in the songs we played, and we could tell that they were entertained, the boys and their family members.
And that particular boy who gave that rude remark, actually made the greatest impression on me. Towards the end of the second song Terrified byKara Dioguardi, he mischievously took a stalk of flower from the decoration vase and came up towards the stage to hand it to me.
I was just taken aback, yet again.
It was so charming of him, and I didn't care if he was merely immitating the cliche act of giving flowers to performers like people do on TV. It was more of the stark contrast between the two things he did that made all the difference. He made an effort, to redeem himself, and show appreciation, although in the most childlike of manners, and that was heartwarming enough for me.
Those kids deserve better, they really do. I don't know how life has made them the way they are, but I'm thankful that places like the Boys Home are giving them that second chance to better their lives. I'm so fortunate to be who I am today and to have had the childhood most of them barely do.

Apart from that boy being the highlight, the tokens of appreciation, were seriously OMG, WOW.
Kitchen knives? Seriously? AWESOME.
I so love yesterday's experience. The unexpectedness of it all. Such an adventure.




























































































































most of the pictures are with nar!












































Pictures from the post performance.


This is the point when we were still trying to figure out how we felt about the knives.













And then we just went crazy amused.

















Grammy awards style.
















For future picnic, the hamper's still unopened till today. Must share.































The flower from that strange boy.
















Went pool at pomo today with asy and bf zul, and dilly joined us. After which I left to meet faris at Bugis for lunch and then met up with siti and dilly again at tampines before we headed off to changi airport for dinner. Siti's pimping car, I likeeee. Oh so fancy and stuff.

I am going mtf broke lahhhhhhhhh. Fcuk.










Twenty

47365

.........