<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, May 03, 2010' 5/03/2010 11:17:00 PM

So today happened to start off on a rather bad note.
I found out yesterday that I had 30+ other applicants competing for that job, for which I have to produce a portfolio for by this Wednesday, and actually attend an interview.
I suddenly feel demoralized thinking of the designs that those 30+ other applicants could come up with.
I was down with terrible cold on the weekends after being grounded to clean all the mess at home. Yes the amount of junk and material at home from my final projects needed some immediate attention. Pissed off because the entire night was wasted on sleeping due to the medicine instead of doing necessary research.
I got a last minute message of having to attend a class meeting with one of the profs today at town.
I couldn't find anything to wear cos I've exhausted my entire measly collection of clothes. I realize the need to shop, hence the need to get that job that I want oh-so badly.
I had to rush some research this morning before leaving home and meeting the class at town.
I had to appease people with so many last minute things. People were assuming things.

A lot of things got on my nerves today and I've never felt this mean, since forever.

For the first time I stood up for myself at a fast food outlet, for being offered extremely poor service. I waited at a counter for 10-15mins behind a couple of foreigners(shall not mention any nationalities) who were out rightly flirting with a desperate cashier, who responded by complimenting on their make-up and what not(omg, there wasn't any plus points worth complimenting to begin with. urgh). The other counter was opened, but seemingly closed because the freaking cashier left to attend to God knows what in the kitchen area, despite having noticed that I was politely queuing behind the two ugly(there I said it) foreigners(with unsightly cleavage). I was then being asked the usual "hi how can I help you" AT THE OTHER COUNTER, after the two scantily dressed foreigners left the counter. The desperate cashier who attended to them then started lazing around, mingling with the others who were supposedly on duty, but obviously NOT doing their job.
So when confronted with the cashier who just came back from his toilet break or whatsoever, I actually reprimanded him for the poor service, saw the shock on his face, felt his sudden urgency to serve me better, and damn, did that feel good. The worst thing was that the manager was standing right at the other end, complimenting a third cashier(omg there were 3 and i was served by none? wtf) for her EYELINER AND EYEBROWS because the foreigners were asking her where she had done hers. F-ed up or what? Her eyeliner was not on the appropriate places mind you. She was literally outlining each of her entire eye sockets. Wow. Fashion statement. Trend setter. Whatever bullshit.

Karma couldn't have taken place any faster, Mom called me for what felt like a lifetime worth of lecture on not informing her of my whereabouts. Like ok lah, I will give timetable next time, plus numbers to dial for emergency purposes.

And as I roamed around with <3, dilly and siti, I realized, I've lost all interest in most of the cheap clothes out there.
And I hate it, when you feel you're broke, just because the things you actually truly want, will end up cutting that big gaping hole in your wallet.
That's when I realized, damn, I might as well make do with looking horrible if materialistic wants will only make you feel deprived, when you're actually not. Really, I am not deprived. I have all my needs catered to. I've got a hp, a macbabybook, an aircon, a guitar, fairly new cupboards, a good comfy bed, a decent roof above my head to shelter me every night etc etc. What more do I need?
Life's so much simpler when you live simple.
But then again, my materialistic+fickle side (a very bad combi for shopping, cos it makes you feel like buying both, all the time) keeps haunting me with thoughts of those gorgeous shoes and tops...
Oh dear, this has to stop.
I shall be my minimalist self.










Twenty

47365

.........