<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8294919?origin\x3dhttp://be-twixt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, July 20, 2010' 7/20/2010 03:18:00 AM


Okay so this is how suaku I actually am.
I've been a Night Safari-virgin all my life, until about 9.30pm just now.
As a first-timer entering that place in the year 2010 instead of 1999 like most other normal children in Singapore, I was actually quite impressed with the ambiance and the surprisingly large crowd there. Of course the crowd mainly comprised of tourists, but still, I didn't know Night Safari was THAT popular. The tram ride was really enjoyable, with some rather intimate experience with the nocturnal animals, having passed by creatures like Tapirs only an arm's length away, not enclosed in a cage. The trail/walk was just as interesting, especially the one that led to the Flying Squirrels- I swear that one seemed like we were in the Pterodactyl's enclosure in  Jurassic Park 3. Lol.
The most memorable bit, OMG the intonation and voice of the tram announcer/guide during the first tram ride. Seriously, weird. He sounded like he was attempting the typical voice you hear in movie trailers, but ended up sounding like a strange newscaster/male version of Yasminne from class95 late night DJ :/ It made the ride hilarious though cos Wan being his usual annoying self, kept imitating the guy. The buay tahan part was the stark contrast between his fake voice during the ride and the part where he told Wan to alight from the left of the tram. The transition from the Ang Moh sexy voice to the sudden Singlish accent couldn't be any more obvious. "Eh eh excuse me, on the left please, on the left ah". Sheesh. 0_o Thank God the second tram had a female announcer worthy of being a true radio DJ.
I love my many firsts with <3 :))

The first half of the day was spent marking papers and teaching. Looking at my kid just now reminded me of my A'level days. She had exhausted written all over her face, having rushed home from school. I kind of miss that hell that I went through, staying in school till 2am or so, slogging it out for my coursework while having to juggle other subjects. The adrenaline and the pressure. Worth the sacrifice I must say.

On a side note, PMS can really be such a bitch. One tough bitch that only females can ever understand. Some women actually go through serious fluctuation in their emotions that it qualifies as a hormonal problem which requires one to seek medical help. I watched that on either Oprah or Doctors, can't remember. But amidst the feeling of falling through that dark bottomless pit, it forces us to do some necessary self-reflection that only arises when nothing seems to be in place. And no matter how distorted or unstable your conclusions or judgments can be at that point in time, there is bound to be some truth told by that girl in the mirror, like she just gave you that bitchslap you badly needed.
It is getting ridiculous how time changes people. There is no fault in that, nobody stays the same.
But I guess there is always a need, to anchor ourselves down once in a while, just to take notice of the changes, and then pace ourselves. It is overwhelming, this new phase of life I've entered. New people, old people. There are people you want, people you need, and people you want and need. People come and people go. It's like this circle of life thingy.

When did life become so complicated?










Twenty

47365

.........